Monday, December 31, 2012

Looking at my Progress

(Just as a note, there's still a bit more time to qualify for the absolute TON of smutty prizes for the Advent Calendar. Winner announced tomorrow.)

Last year, I thought it couldn't get any better... that 2011 was the best year of my life.

It's really nice to be proven wrong sometimes.

Now, admittedly, I went about everything upside down and backwards, barely accomplished a thing that I'd set out to do for myself in 2012... and yet, still... fan-freaking-tastic!

I wrote Blister Effect and saw it published. From my to-do list from the beginning of the year, that's all I said I was going to do that got done.

However, I also:


  • wrote and published 8 short stories (two of which are in the 10,000 word range...)
  • submitted 5 more stories that were either rejected or I haven't heard back yet... 
  • Got asked to write something specific for a few different editors
  • MOVED INTO A HOUSE
  • edited about 8 chapters in my novel
  • planned out and wrote the outline for a romance novel
  • planned out and wrote an outline for a young adult novel
  • saw my work featured in both Publisher's Weekly and Hustler Magazine
  • wrote at least 85,000 words that I can conveniently count (somewhere along the way, I stopped tracking my word counts quite as religiously)
  • wrote 53 blog entries
  • wrote guest blog entries for a few well-known erotica writers
  • worked out a rough idea for a project with fellow-writer and best friend, Elizabeth Brooks
  • wrote a chapter in a collaborative novel project (more on that tomorrow, since it's finally "revealed" tonight)


So, while I accomplished almost nothing that I'd intended, I did a lot of good work on other stuff, and I am quite pleased.

2012 has been a good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment